AWAITING NEW MODEL SHIPMENT
Ultrabatt batteries as used by top race teams in Europe to gain a competitive weight advantage. Many of New Zealand's top racers such as Superbike racer Nick Cole switched to Lithium batteries several years ago.
Ultrabatts are the world's most reliable lithium starter battery and the world's first modular lithium battery.
Ultrabatt batteries are famous for their legendary lifespan. The first lithium starter batteries with a 10+ year target lifespan.
Motorcylists as a breed are fast to catch on to new technology ....and cost savings. It used to be that racers bought Lithium batteries to save weight ..but now it is commuters and weekend riders who are buying Lithium batteries to save money.
Most people own each bike for a few years and most motorcyclists have worked out that the per year cost of lead acid batteries that last between 1-3 years is fairly expensive when compared to the yearly cost of owning a Lithium battery that will last between 5 and 10 years...
10 key advantages of lithium LiFePO4 batteries are:
- Dont self discharge at any appreciable rate so it does't matter if you don't ride one of your bikes for a couple of months.
- Cheaper to own. Much lower cost per year to own.
- Ultra light. Typically less than 1/4 of the weight of a lead acid battery.
- Very small size. Typicallyls about 1/2th the size of an equivalent lead acid battery.
- More powerful. - Higher cranking amps spins your starter motor faster.
- No exspense or hassles with smart chargers or battery tenders required as they don't self discharg when not used.
- Longer service life. 5-10 years.
- Inbuilt Microchip Battery Management System. Ensures safety, balanced charging and twice the battery life span.
- No toxic sulfuic acidic to spill and no toxic lead either and no potential for explosive hydrogen gas.
- Can be mounted in any orientation.
- Very fast charging. Typically a discharged battery can be fully recharged in 1-2 hours. By comparison a discharged lead acid battery will take over 12 hours to charge to full capacity. Fast charging can be very handy if you have a total loss ignition system on your race bike.
Before purchasing a Lithium battery for your bike we strongly advise you to read our FAQ What you need to know about Lithium batteries- before you buy one!